Sorry. As a former saberist, I have to comment on this. Both of these have their form all wrong.
The one on the left has his weight too far forward, reducing their ability to retreat quickly (a necessity when you’re this close), and making them unable to lunge for a strike. Also, their elbow is bent too far, exposing both their arm and midsection (both legal target areas in saber). Not to mention their grip on the saber itself is all wrong. The grip is set up so that the bell guard goes on the outside of the hand to avoid a hand strike (again, legal target area).
As for the one on the right, high heels aside, their center of gravity is too high. It’ll take more effort to move forward or backward standing like that. Also, when you make a point, the blade should be an extension of the arm, straight out. The way their wrist is bent, they’re just asking to get smacked on the hand or forearm. And, again, the bell guard is not positioned correctly to do its job.
MINUS! FIVE! STARS!
As both a former fencer and an artist, I feel the need to point out that this is a fashion photo shoot, not a how-to fencing diagram. It’s not supposed to be accurate. Artistic liberty was taken with the positioning of the figures for purely aesthetic purposes. It provides the image with a sense of dynamism and a clear direction for the eye to follow through the image’s composition. The fencing equipment is a symbol that declares the female model to be dangerous, powerful, and victorious over her faceless male opponent.
Besides, if someone is seriously trying to learn fencing they’re not going to use a fashion photograph unless they are profoundly stupid.
I’ve decided to give up on men entirely and exclusively date mozzarella sticks because they are the only stick full of gooey white junk I want in my mouth and they aren’t emotionally needy or capable of getting me pregnant and there is no messy relationship stuff if I want to eat other fried food and in conclusion they are perfect and the wedding is set for my next diner excursion
So I saw Man of Steel today. Everything on Krypton was a giant phallus. A veiled reference to the much needed dismantling of the patriarchy or a dick joke that got way out of control?
My sister was doing her daily sit ups and she just farted like SUPER LOUD.
It was a cosmic fart. Pretty sure it broke the sound barrier.
Wow. You go girl. Get it.
So I guess Billy Idol fashion critique is a thing I do now
I love him, really I do, but his biggest achievement, imo, was learning the physics and practical application of the common shirt. Clap it up for Billy Idol learning to use buttons!
1. First impression: What a sweet, normal fifth grade girl sitting in the desk before me!
2. Truth is: I was so so wrong. You turned out to be like a million times nuttier than anticipated.
3. How old do you look: As old as you want to be.
4. Have you ever made me laugh: Sometimes I wonder if you weren’t genetically engineered for that very purpose.
5. Have you ever made me mad: Yes….? But I can’t think of anything specific because it was all kinda dumb stuff.
6. Best feature: You have the face of an angel and a smile that could break a lesser man.
7. Have I ever had a crush on you: That is such a dangerous question.
8. You’re my: booty call cupcake baking hot tamale mama
9. Name in my phone: Abby
10. Should you post this too? I don’t know, should you?
1. First impression: Wait isn’t she that kid I’ve seen a couple times but never talked tocuzOH MY GOD WHY DIDN’T I GET ON THIS AMANDA TRAIN SOONER
2. Truth is: You’re all that and a cup of seltzer and some gummy snacks. <3
3. How old do you look: Like a delightful young lady.
4. Have you ever made me laugh: You’ve had a long career of making me laugh.
5. Have you ever made me mad: ??????I don’t remember???????????
6. Best feature: You’re super clever and you have the eyelashes mascara ads get boners over.
7. Have I ever had a crush on you: Smart AND beautiful? Thanks. I’ll take three.
8. You’re my: prom date.
9. Name in my phone: Amanda
10. Should you post this too? It’s your life it’s now or never you ain’t gonna live forever you just wanna post while you’re aliiiiiive
1. First impression: DUDE this chick plays soccer and everyone loves her and she is super cute she’s never gonna want to talk to a loser like me.
2. Truth is: Together, we are Mega-Losertron
3. How old do you look: Perfectly aged, like fancy cheese
4. Have you ever made me laugh: Yep.
5. Have you ever made me mad: You kept ditching me at lunch in eighth grade. MY POOR EIGHTH GRADE FEELINGS WAH
6. Best feature: A SMILE LIKE MOTHERFUCKING TIMES SQUARE
7. Have I ever had a crush on you: Nah I’m just straight up in love with you
8. You’re my: snuggle bunny
9. Name in my phone: Ally
10. Should you post this too? Only if you want to.
1. First impression: Aw shit that bitch looks mature as hell and I bet we have nothing in common.
2. Truth is: you’re pretty freaky deaky. ;)
3. How old do you look: 47
4. Have you ever made me laugh: Yes, I do enjoy a good chuckle over your misfortunes.
5. Have you ever made me mad: EVERY TIME I NEED TO PEE BUT YOU’RE IN THE GODDAMN BATHROOM
6. Best feature: Your butt and your hair
7. Have I ever had a crush on you: I think you know the answer to that. ;)
8. You’re my: hostage (can you feel the Stockholm Syndrome setting in yet)
9. Name in my phone: Erica
10. Should you post this too? Yes. Do what I tell you.
1. First impression: What secrets does that hair hold?
2. Truth is: after all these years we haven’t even begun to truly explore the mysterious depths of your scalp, much like the majority of Earth’s oceans.
3. How old do you look: like maybe 12 or something I don’t know
4. Have you ever made me laugh: Damn straight.
5. Have you ever made me mad: No.
6. Best feature: Your poise and grace.
7. Have I ever had a crush on you: No, you’re too kawaii desu ne for me.
8. You’re my: Jesus to my Holy Spirit.
9. Name in my phone: Shane
10. Should you post this too? Take control of your destiny. Make your own decisions.
1. First impression: She’s probably too cool to talk to me.
2. Truth is: You’re still too cool to talk to me.
3. How old do you look: Mid 20s
4. Have you ever made me laugh: GIRL You make me titter like a school girl.
5. Have you ever made me mad: Nope.
6. Best feature: Your taste in footwear is out of this world.
7. Have I ever had a crush on you: I could not bear coming between you and your Lady Love.
8. You’re my: competition and I may have to kill you it’s nothing personal just business.
9. Name in my phone: Ashley
10. Should you post this too? Whatever, it’s your life.
1. First impression: Cafeteria. My sophomore year of high school. Obnoxious dork who is not as funny as he thinks.
2. Truth is: I was completely right. But after the post high school upgrades, you’re one of my closest friends and I’m proud to know someone as high quality as you.
3. How old do you look: Mid 20s
4. Have you ever made me laugh: I’m laughing at your stupid face right now.
5. Have you ever made me mad: Too many times to count. The first one that comes to mind was during your Dark Age when you tried to look down my shirt and I punched you in the teeth. Good times. If we had a highlight reel that had better be on it.
6. Best feature: You are a smarmy bastard who infects people with cheer like some horrible positive thinking disease.
7. Have I ever had a crush on you:
That is like knowingly playing Seven Minutes of Heaven with your siblings.
8. You’re my: brother from another mother and father and grandparents and uncles and aunts and cousins…
9. Name in my phone: Teets
10. Should you post this too? You’re the one who got me into this fucking mess. I hope you’re happy.
I think I buy things on eBay when I’m lonely.
1. Books or movies-
8. Favorite characters- Already answered that one
18. Have you ever dressed as one of the characters- Technically no. I made Arwen’s red dress to wear for my sweet sixteen though.
30. Do you own any LotR merchandise-
No of course not
Don’t be dumb
I’m not some kind of nerd
I have a life